An easy, light weeknight dinner recipe for summer or any time of year, this Low FODMAP Chimichurri Shrimp and Broccoli Skillet features "garlicy," sautéed shrimp and tender-crisp broccoli covered in a zesty chimichurri sauce. Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- A full batch of Low FODMAP Chimichurri Sauce
- 1-1.5 pounds large shrimp, thawed (if frozen), peeled and deveined with tails removed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces*
- Prepare the Low FODMAP Chimichurri Sauce and allow to rest while you prepare and cook the remaining ingredients.
- Put shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat a medium or large skillet (I use a 10.25-inch cast iron skillet) on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of garlic-infused olive oil. Once hot, add shrimp and sauté until bright pink, about 5 minutes, flipping shrimp halfway through. Remove shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to the same skillet and swirl to coat. Add the broccoli, cover and sauté until fork tender, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the pan gets too dry, either add a bit more oil or the juices from the resting shrimp.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and remove from heat. Add the low FODMAP chimichurri sauce and stir until shrimp and broccoli are evenly coated.
- Serve the skillet on its own or on top of the low FODMAP option of my Instant Pot “Garlic” Mashed Potatoes (Paleo, Whole30, Low FODMAP), a baked potato (Paleo, Whole30, low FODMAP), white or brown rice (low FODMAP and gluten-free), cauliflower rice (Paleo, Whole30), or your preferred starch.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cast Iron Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low FODMAP chimichurri shrimp and broccoli skillet, low fodmap shrimp, low fodmap dinner, low fodmap dinner recipes, low fodmap chimichurri, low fodmap weeknight recipes, low fodmap skillet recipes, low fodmap one-pan recipes, paleo shrimp skillet, whole30 shrimp skillet