Bring the wonderful flavours and aromas of fall into your home with this easy Paleo, low FODMAP and gluten-free Pumpkin Bread! A perfect fall breakfast, snack or appetizer, this recipe for pumpkin bread turns out a super moist, flavour-packed bread that's extremely addictive. Makes one 9" x 5" loaf or four mini-loaves that make great holiday gifts!
- Coconut or avocado oil cooking spray (or another Paleo-compliant spray)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and just above room temperature
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For 9” x 5” loaf pan: spray with cooking spray, line with parchment paper, leaving some excess paper on all four sides, and spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. For four mini-loaf pans: spray with cooking spray and line with parchment paper if not using disposable pans (disposable pans only require cooking spray).
- Prep for room temperature: put the eggs in a bowl of warm (not hot) water and let warm up for 5 minutes. Drain water from bowl and set eggs aside. Measure out ¼ cup coconut oil and heat in the microwave until just melted (about 35 seconds). Set aside to cool to just above room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: blanched almond flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined. Set bowl aside.
- In an extra-large bowl, combine wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Stir with a whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined (do not over mix). Gently fold in chopped pecans (if using them) until thoroughly combined. Pour the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan(s) and use a spatula to spread evenly within the pan(s).
- For 9”x5” loaf pan: bake at 375°F for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Using the excess parchment as handles, remove bread from pan, discard parchment, and allow bread to cool fully before slicing and serving (this typically takes about 2.5 hours).
- For four mini-loaf pans: bake at 375°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the loaves comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Using the excess parchment as handles, remove from pans and discard parchment (or keep in the pans if they are disposable and you’re giving the loaves out as gifts). Allow to cool fully before slicing and serving or covering and giving away.
- Storage: Place pumpkin bread in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Low FODMAP: in servings of one 5/8” slice of the 9" x 5” loaf or two 1/2” slices of a mini loaf. See post above for more information on FODMAPs.
- Mini-loaf pans: I used disposable aluminum pans that were 5.7" x 3.3" x 1.9". Other mini loaf pans close to that size should work - I believe the typical size in the US is 6" x 3.5" x 2".
- Safe food gift giving during COVID-19: If you’re planning on giving this pumpkin bread as a gift during the pandemic, here is some great information on safe food sharing during COVID-19.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread, paleo pumpkin bread, low fodmap pumpkin bread, fall recipes, thanksgiving recipes, pumpkin recipes, holiday recipes, homemade gifts