This Homemade Italian Seasoning makes Italian cooking so much easier! It takes less than 5 minutes to whip up and uses low FODMAP herbs and spices that you probably already have in your spice rack! Compliant with Paleo, Whole30 and low FODMAP diets (check individual herb labels for sulfites and other additives).
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- ¼-½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)*
- Add all the listed herbs and spices into a small bowl or air-tight container (such as a glass jar) and stir or cover and shake until well combined.
- Add to your favourite Italian dishes, like my Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs One-Pot Meal (Low FODMAP, Paleo / Whole30 Option) or my Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore (Paleo, Whole30, Low FODMAP). Also works well with non-Italian dishes, like my Instant Pot / Slow Cooker Beef Stew (Low FODMAP, Whole30, Paleo Option). Store in an air-tight container.
- *Please note: Although red pepper flakes are low in FODMAPs, some people respond poorly to them for reasons having nothing to do with FODMAPs. Pay attention to how your body reacts to spicy food and consult your doctor or dietitian before adding red pepper flakes to this recipe if you have concerns about how you may react to it.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Condiment & Seasoning Mix
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian seasoning, italian seasoning recipe, homemade italian seasoning, italian seasoning mix, low fodmap italian seasoning, seasonings, spices, paleo, whole30