Super flavorful and easy to make, these juicy low FODMAP turkey burgers make a quick and healthy main for lunch or dinner. They're also Paleo and Whole30 friendly using a Paleo/Whole30 compliant bun alternative (see my notes for lots of options!).
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil (for the pan if not using non-stick)
- 4 buns (see notes for options)
- Your favorite burger toppings (see notes for options)
- Add ground turkey, egg, garlic-infused olive oil, coconut aminos, parsley, chives, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and mix with your hands or a spoon until just combined.
- Using your hands, shape turkey mixture into 4 patties with your hands and place on a large plate. The patties should each be about about 3.5-inches in diameter and about 1-inch thick. Stick the plate of burger patties in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat and add the avocado oil (if using). Once hot, add the burger patties and sear on each side for 4-5 minutes or until they reach 165°F per an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from heat, serve on a bun (or bun alternative) with your favorite toppings, like my Low FODMAP Ketchup (Paleo but not Whole30), and sides, like my Low FODMAP Air Fryer French Fries (Paleo & Whole30) or Low FODMAP Broccoli Salad with Bacon (Paleo & Whole30).
BUN OPTIONS (read post above for more details):
- Low FODMAP: Low FODMAP gluten-free hamburger buns
- Low FODMAP & Paleo/Whole30: lettuce (try green leaf, iceberg, or butter lettuce), eggplant (up to 1 cup/serving), pineapple (up to 1 cup/serving), sweet potato (up to ½ cup/serving), common tomatoes, collard greens (up to 1 cup)
- Paleo/Whole30 (not low FODMAP): Portobello mushrooms
- My homemade Low FODMAP Ketchup (Paleo but not Whole30), or any of the store-bought options listed in the post above
- Dairy-free mayo
- Yellow mustard (Low FODMAP: up to 1 tablespoon/serving, no added garlic or onion)
- Green leaf lettuce (or lettuce of your choice)
- Common tomato, sliced
- Low FODMAP dill pickles (I use this recipe)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low fodmap turkey burgers, low fodmap burger, low fodmap turkey recipes, low fodmap ground turkey recipes, low fodmap lunch, low fodmap dinner, low fodmap summer recipes, paleo turkey burgers, whole30 turkey burgers