This low FODMAP rotisserie chicken recipe makes family dinner a snap, becoming tender and juicy with a crisp skin in an air fryer with a rotisserie function. Keto, low carb, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
- Prep chicken. Ensure chicken is tightly trussed with cooking twine, pat dry with paper towels, and place on a cutting board or platter.
- Slide rotisserie spit through the chicken, leaving a longer amount of spit at the leg end. Secure rotisserie forks at each end of the chicken and tighten setting screws.
- Mix and apply oil and spices. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic-infused oil and low FODMAP Cajun seasoning. Using a basting brush and starting with the back side of the chicken, apply the seasoning mixture, getting seasoning into all the nooks and crannies of the chicken the best you can.
- Put chicken into air fryer. Place drip pan into your air fryer with rotisserie function (I use an Instant Pot Vortex Plus 10-quart Air Fryer – instructions and cooking times will vary by model). Using the rotisserie lift, lift chicken into the air fryer, using the guide bars inside the air fryer to guide it in place. Move the red rotisserie catch lever to the right and hold while you align the left side of the spit into the rotisserie catch. Then, set the right end of the rotisserie spit in the notch on the right side of the air fryer and release the rotisserie catch lever. Manually rotate the chicken slightly to make sure the spit is in place. Close the air fryer door.
- Air fry chicken. Hit the “Air Fry” button, set temperature to 375°F, set the timer to 45-50 minutes, hit the “Rotate” button and then the “Start” button. Ignore the "Add Food" prompt after the preheat.
- Check temp. Once the cooking time is completed, open the air fryer door and check the internal temperature of the chicken by inserting an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. Chicken must reach an internal temperature of 165°F to be safely consumed.
- Remove chicken from air fryer. Using a towel or hot pad if it is too hot to touch, move the red rotisserie catch lever to the right and hold. Use rotisserie lift (after washing it if it touched the raw chicken) to remove the spit from the catch. Release the lever and lift the chicken out of the air fryer onto a cutting board. Allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes before removing the rotisserie accessories from the chicken.
- Remove rotisserie accessories. Once cool enough to touch, unscrew the fitting screws and remove the forks and spit from the chicken. Using scissors, snip off cooking twine.
- Carve and serve. Carve chicken and serve with your favorite low FODMAP side dishes.
*Chickens that weigh around 3 pounds work best for the air fryer; larger chickens may not fit properly and scrape the bottom of the air fryer as they rotate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cool time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low fodmap rotisserie chicken, low fodmap roast chicken, low fodmap chicken dinner, low fodmap chicken recipes, low fodmap dinner recipes, low fodmap chicken seasoning, low fodmap recipes chicken, chicken fodmap recipes, low fodmap keto chicken, low fodmap keto recipes, low fodmap low carb recipes, low fodmap paleo, low fodmap whole30