Add an easy, healthy, and delicious side dish to your fall or Thanksgiving dinner table in about 35 minutes with this low FODMAP Air Fryer Root Vegetables recipe! A Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan side dish.
Low FODMAP Root Vegetables:
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) multi-colored carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks (about 3 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups (7.5 ounces) rutabaga, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks (about 1/2 of a medium rutabaga)*
- 1 1/2 cups (7 ounces) sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks (about 1/2 of a medium sweet potato)**
- 1 cup (4.5 ounces) parsnips, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks (about 2 medium parsnips)
Low FODMAP Root Vegetable Glaze:
- Preheat air fryer at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- While the air fryer preheats, add chopped carrots, rutabaga, sweet potato and parsnips to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic-infused olive oil, chopped rosemary, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and cayenne (if using). Using a spatula, scrape the oil mixture into the bowl containing the root vegetables and stir with a spoon until evenly coated in oil and spices.
- Spray your preheated air fryer pan with cooking spray. Add root vegetables and shake the pan to spread them evenly. Cook for 24 minutes, tossing to redistribute in the pan every 8 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- *According to Monash University's Low FODMAP Diet app, rutabaga is low FODMAP in servings of up to 1 cup per serving.
- **Sweet potato is low FODMAP in servings of up to 1/2 cup. Sweet potato contains the FODMAP mannitol, so if you malabsorb mannitol, be mindful of other foods you might consume with these vegetables containing the FODMAP mannitol to mitigate the risk of FODMAP stacking. The amount of sweet potato can also be reduced or another root vegetable substituted to further reduce this risk.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low fodmap root vegetables, low fodmap air fryer root vegetables, low fodmap roasted root vegetables, low fodmap side dish, low fodmap thanksgiving recipes, low fodmap holiday recipes, low fodmap fall recipes, low fodmap vegetarian recipes, low fodmap vegan recipes, paleo, whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, side dish