Cooling and perfect for a smokin' hot summer's day, these Greek-inspired low FODMAP Gyro Burgers should be on everyone's summer menu! Gluten-free and lactose-free (if needed).
GYRO BURGER PATTIES:
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mediterranean)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of all-spice (optional)
GYRO BURGER TOPPINGS:
- ½ batch of my Easy Tzatziki
- Green leaf lettuce (or lettuce of your choice)
- Common tomato, sliced
- English cucumber, sliced
GYRO BURGER BUNS:
- Low FODMAP gluten-free hamburger buns (I like Udi’s Gluten-Free Classic Hamburger Buns), or your low FODMAP bun alternative of choice (see options below)
- If you haven’t already done so, prepare a half batch of my Easy Tzatziki recipe (or a full batch if using it for other things, like a veggie dip). Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Prepare additional toppings as described above.
- Preheat barbecue (I use a natural gas grill) or grill pan on medium heat.
- Add burger ingredients to a large bowl. ground beef, ground pork, coconut aminos or tamari, garlic-infused olive oil, lemon juice, chives, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and all-spice (if using). Mix with your hands until combined.
- Separate the meat mixture into four, quarter-pound portions. Then, flatten with your hands to form patties about ¾ inches thick and place on a large plate.
- Grill burgers about 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160° F on an instant read thermometer or iGrill thermometer.
- Remove from heat to a fresh plate or platter and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve on low FODMAP gluten-free hamburger buns or bun alternative (see options below). Top with tzatziki, lettuce, cucumber, and tomato and serve with your favorite sides, like my low FODMAP Air Fryer French Fries with Homemade Ketchup or Air Fryer Red Potatoes.
- Low FODMAP Bun alternatives:
- Lettuce (try green leaf, iceburg, or butter lettuce)
- Common tomato slices
- Red bell pepper halves
- Eggplant (up to 1 cup/serving)
- If you're using low FODMAP, gluten-free hamburger buns like Udi's, have a bun rack on your barbecue, and would like to slightly toast them, add the buns to the bun rack, cut side down, for the last minute of cooking. Keep an eye on them as they can start to burn fairly quickly.
- The photos in this post reflect a double batch of this recipe (8 patties for 8 servings). Sometimes I don’t have anything else to use the ½ pounds of beef and pork with, so I easily double the recipe using the tools in the recipe card above.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Barbecue / Grill
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: low fodmap gyro burgers, low fodmap greek burgers, gyro burgers, greek burgers, summer recipes, barbecue recipes, burger recipes, grill recipes