This low FODMAP Instant Pot Ratatouille, a classic French stew made with low FODMAP quantities of eggplant, zucchini, leek, and other vegetables, is healthy, hearty, warming, and delicious. Vegan, Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup leek, dark green leaves only, finely chopped
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes + their juice*
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 cups eggplant, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes (about 1 medium eggplant)**
- 2 cups zucchini, unpeeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes (about 1 medium zucchini)**
- 3 cups red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch squares (about 2 large bell peppers)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped + additional fresh basil leaves for optional garnish
- Chop and prepare all your ingredients before starting to cook.
- Hit "Sauté" on your 6-quart Instant Pot, 8-quart Instant Pot, or comparable electric pressure cooker. Once the display of the Instant Pot reads “Hot,” add garlic-infused olive oil and swirl the pot to coat in oil. Add chopped leek and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Hit “Cancel” on the Instant Pot. Add can of diced tomatoes and their juice, and scrape the bottom of the pot clean with a plastic spoon.
- Add herbs and seasonings to the pot: chives, thyme, salt, pepper, and fennel seed (reserve chopped basil for after cooking) and stir. Add chopped eggplant, zucchini, and red bell pepper, and stir until evenly coated in liquid.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to “Sealing.” Hit the “Pressure Cook” button and set the timer for 2 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, quick release the pressure. Stir in the chopped basil.
- Serve the ratatouille and serve it on its own, over low FODMAP Polenta, or your preferred starch option.
- *If you prefer to use all fresh produce, you can substitute 3 cups common tomatoes and their juice + ½ cup water for the canned diced tomatoes.
- **Monash University’s Low FODMAP Diet App lists eggplant, which contains the FODMAP sorbitol, as low FODMAP in servings of up to 1 cup per serving. Zucchini, which contains the FODMAP fructans, is low FODMAP in quantities of up to 1/3 cup or 75 grams per serving. See post above for more detailed FODMAP information.
- Makes approximately 6 cups total, with each serving coming to 3/4 cup per serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Time to Come to and Release Pressure: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: low fodmap ratatouille, low fodmap instant pot ratatouille, ratatouille recipe, low fodmap instant pot recipes, low fodmap stew recipes, low fodmap vegetable stew, low fodmap vegan recipes, low fodmap vegetarian recipes, low fodmap lunch recipes, low fodmap dinner recipes, low fodmap french recipes, paleo, whole30, easy low fodmap recipes, low fodmap pressure cooker recipes