Herbaceous, tangy, earthy, and bright, this easy, 10-minute Low FODMAP Italian Dressing is sure to become one of your go-to salad dressings. Low FODMAP, dairy-free, low carb, Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
- 1/4 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons Low FODMAP Italian Seasoning (homemade or store-bought), divided*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes**
- 1/4 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia or 1/2 teaspoon honey, or your preferred sweetener to taste (optional, see notes)***
- Immersion blender method (preferred): add all ingredients except for 1 teaspoon of the Italian Seasoning to a wide mouthed jar. Using an immersion blender, blend on low for 20-30 seconds or until blended. Add remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Add lid to the jar, tighten, and shake vigorously to further blend the seasoning into the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings, vinegar, lemon juice, and sweetener (if using) as desired. Shake again directly prior to pouring on salad or using as a meat marinade. Alternatively, if you prefer not to keep the herbs whole, you can blend all the seasoning with the dressing.
- No-blender method: add all ingredients to a jar. Screw lid onto the jar and shake vigorously until blended. Taste and adjust seasonings, vinegar, lemon juice, and sweetener (if using) as desired. Shake again prior to pouring on salad or marinating meat.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks. The olive oil may solidify in the fridge but should liquefy once brought to room temperature. Shake well before reserving.
- *I divide the herbs as I like some of the herbs to remain in whole but not all of them. If you don’t want the flavor of whole herbs, you can blend the entire 2 teaspoons into the dressing. The blender will make them small but the flavor is still there.
- **Red pepper flakes, while low FODMAP in small quantities, can still cause stomach distress for some people with IBS. Feel free to omit.
- ***Sweetener is optional but brings some great flavor balance to the dressing. Omit for Whole30; use liquid stevia for low carb and Keto; use honey for Paleo or use your preferred sweetener to taste. According to Monash university’s low FODMAP Diet App, Stevia powder is low FODMAP in single servings of up to 2 teaspoons or 5 grams (liquid stevia is generally assumed to be low FODMAP); honey is low FODMAP in small servings of 1 teaspoon or 7 grams.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Condiments & Seasoning Mixes
- Method: Immersion Blender / By-hand
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: low fodmap italian dressing, low fodmap salad dressing, low fodmap dressing recipe, low fodmap marinade, low fodmap keto recipes, low fodmap low carb recipes, paleo, whole30, dairy-free, vegan