If you are trying to eat more veggies or would like to bring new life to your chips, how about eating them with this easy low FODMAP veggie dip? This low FODMAP, dairy-free, Keto, low carb, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant veggie dip recipe calls for dried herbs and spices that you probably already have in your pantry and can be whipped up in about 3 minutes. It tastes great with a variety of vegetables and chips and smart to have in your back pocket for a quick low FODMAP appetizer or low FODMAP Whole30 snack emergency, especially if you're eating low FODMAP on a Whole30.
Why make your own low FODMAP veggie dip?
It is a rare thing to find a commercially produced dip that is both low FODMAP and Paleo compliant. I can't say I have ever come across any. If you have a jar of dairy-free mayo on hand (which I am linking here as a reference but purchase way cheaper at Costco), it's just a matter of measuring out the mayo, garlic-infused olive oil, almond milk and herbs and mixing it all together. It takes about 3 minutes, if that, and keeps really well stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. A quick, long-lasting veggie or chip dip made with real food that shouldn't cause tummy troubles for people with IBS.
If you're not a big fan of dill, try my Low FODMAP Ranch Dressing recipe. It contains less dill and is low FODMAP, Keto, low carb, Paleo, and Whole30 as well.
Nothing fancy here. The equipment I use to make this easy dill veggie dip includes:
- A small bowl
- A whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
Easy Low FODMAP Veggie Dip: Ingredients & Tips for Success
I won't go into too much detail other than what's in the recipe card below as this low FODMAP dip recipe is so simple. To start, add dairy-free mayo to a small bowl. Then, add garlic-infused olive oil, dried chives (one of my favorite dried herbs these days), dried parsley, dried dill, salt, pepper and almond milk to the bowl. Whisk it all together and voila! A delicious, easy low FODMAP dip ready for your veggies or chips.Print
This easy low FODMAP veggie dip makes veggies and chips so much yummier and is great to have in your back pocket for a quick low FODMAP snack or appetizer. It's also dairy-free, Keto, low carb, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 cup dairy-free mayo (or your preferred mayo)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Add mayo, garlic infused olive oil, almond milk, dried dill, dried chives, dried parsley, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley (optional) and serve, or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
- Servings: makes ten, 2-tablespoons servings (1-¼ cups total). The low FODMAP veggie dip in the pictures represents two full batches of this recipe.
- If you are not a big fan of dill, try my Low FODMAP Ranch Dressing recipe, which contains far less dill and is insanely delicious.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Appetizer / Snack
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, low fodmap chip dip, low fodmap veggie dip