Add a punch of zesty, spicy, tangy flavour to burgers, fries, tacos and more with this low FODMAP, Paleo and Whole30 homemade chipotle mayo! Taking less than five minutes to whip up and consisting of only five ingredients, this easy chipotle mayo recipe is full of zesty, garlicy flavour and a great condiment to have on hand, especially for summer recipes.
Low FODMAP Chipotle Mayo
As we are in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, I spent the last week or so adjusting my blog's content strategy to better fit these dark times. I feel that some brighter, summer-oriented recipes containing more immune system-boosting vegetables are in order.
That being said, why chipotle mayo? It goes well with a variety of warmer weather recipes and is a component of my beloved Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Bowl recipe, which is the first recipe I ever wrote purely from scratch. I've been waiting to post it until the warmer months. As Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon, I thought posting a shrimp taco bowl was fitting. Plus, the taco bowl recipe is full of leafy greens, fruit (!) and delicious, protein packed, air fried shrimp, all things we could all probably use more of at this time.
Things to Eat with Your Homemade Chipotle Mayo
Try your homemade chipotle mayo with the following:
- Tacos, like my Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Bowl (Paleo, Whole30 and low FODMAP)
- Burgers and sandwiches
- French fries, like my Air Fryer French Fries (Paleo, Whole30 and low FODMAP)
- Sweet potato fries, (Monash University recommends consuming sweet potato in servings of up to ½ cup for low FODMAP)
- Raw veggies
- In place of mayo in egg or chicken salad
- As a salad dressing
- Anything fried or air fried
- Anything you'd like to add some zesty, tangy, spicy flavour to
Homemade Chipotle Mayo: Ingredients and Tips for Success
This homemade chipolte mayo only takes five minutes to whip up (if that) and only calls for five ingredients:
- Dairy-free mayo (such as mayo made from olive or avocado oil). I'm providing an Amazon link for reference purposes, but I buy it way cheaper from Costco.
- Garlic-infused olive oil
- Freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Ground chipotle chili pepper
- Sea salt
Whisk everything together in a small bowl. Store in an air-tight container (such as a glass jar) in the refrigerator. The mayo will thicken a bit when refrigerated.Print
Add a punch of zesty, spicy, tangy flavour to burgers, fries, tacos and more in less than 5 minutes with this homemade chipotle mayo! A great condiment to have on hand, especially for summer recipes, this homemade chipotle mayo is Low FODMAP, Paleo and Whole30.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, garlic-infused olive oil, lime juice, chipotle chili pepper and sea salt and whisk well until combined. Serve with tacos (such as my Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Bowl), burgers (like my Juicy Turkey Burgers), sandwiches, salads, fries (such as my Air Fryer French Fries) or anything needing a punch of zesty, spicy, tangy flavour!
- Store in an air-tight container (such as a glass jar) in the refrigerator.
- The chipotle mayo in the pictures represents two full batches of the recipe or 1.5 cups.
- If you don't have a problem with FODMAPs, you can add 3 cloves of minced garlic in lieu of the garlic-infused olive oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Condiment & Seasoning Mix
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chipotle mayo, chipotle mayonnaise, homemade chipotle mayo, chipotle mayo recipe, chipotle mayo sauce, chipotle aioli, easy chipotle aioli