Add a punch of zesty, spicy, tangy flavor to burgers, fries, tacos and more with this homemade low FODMAP chipotle mayo! Taking less than five minutes to whip up and consisting of only five ingredients, this dairy-free chipotle mayo recipe is full of zesty, garlicy flavor (without the garlic) and a great condiment to have on hand, especially for summer recipes. It's also dairy-free, Paleo, and Whole30 compliant. Spicy food warning: although low in FODMAPs, this recipe contains spicy ingredients, which may still be problematic for some people with IBS.
Low FODMAP Chipotle Mayo
As we are in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, I spent the last week or so adjusting my blog's content strategy to better fit these dark times. I feel that some brighter, summer-oriented recipes containing more immune system-boosting vegetables are in order.
That being said, why low FODMAP chipotle mayo? It goes well with a variety of warmer weather recipes and is a component of my beloved Low FODMAP Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Bowl recipe, which is the first recipe I ever wrote purely from scratch. I've been waiting to post it until the warmer months. As Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon, I thought posting a taco bowl recipe was fitting. Plus, the taco bowl recipe is full of leafy greens, fruit (!) and delicious, protein packed, air fried shrimp, all things we could probably use more of at this time.
Things to Eat with Your Low FODMAP Chipotle Mayo
Try your low FODMAP chipotle mayo with the following:
- Tacos, like my Low FODMAP Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Bowl
- Burgers and sandwiches, like my Juicy Low FODMAP Turkey Burgers
- French fries, like my Low FODMAP Air Fryer French Fries
- Sweet potato fries, which Monash University's Low FODMAP Diet App deems low FODMAP in single servings of up to ½ cup or 75 grams
- Raw veggies
- In place of mayo in egg or chicken salad, like my Low FODMAP Southwest Chicken Salad
- As a salad dressing
- Anything fried or air fried
- Anything you'd like to add some zesty, tangy, spicy flavor to
Low FODMAP Chipotle Mayo: Ingredients and Tips for Success
This low FODMAP chipotle mayo only takes five minutes to whip up (if that) and only calls for five ingredients:
- Dairy-free mayo (such as mayo made from olive or avocado oil). I'm providing an Amazon link for reference purposes, but I buy it way cheaper from Costco.
- Garlic-infused olive oil
- Freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Ground chipotle chili pepper
- Sea salt
Whisk everything together in a small bowl. Store in an air-tight container (such as a glass jar) in the refrigerator. The mayo will thicken a bit when refrigerated.
This homemade Low FODMAP Chipotle Mayo adds a punch of zesty, spicy, tangy flavor to burgers, fries, tacos and more in less than 5 minutes! A great condiment to have on hand, especially for summer recipes, this low FODMAP chipotle mayo is also dairy-free, Paleo and Whole30 compliant. Spicy food warning: although low in FODMAPs, this recipe contains spicy ingredients (chipotle chili pepper), which may still trigger symptoms for some people with IBS.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, garlic-infused olive oil, lime juice, chipotle chili pepper and sea salt and whisk well until combined. Serve with tacos (such as my Low FODMAP Air Fryer Shrimp Taco Bowl), burgers (like my Juicy Low FODMAP Turkey Burgers), sandwiches, salads, fries (such as my Low FODMAP Air Fryer French Fries) or anything needing a punch of zesty, spicy, tangy flavor!
- Store in an air-tight container (such as a glass jar) in the refrigerator.
- The low FODMAP chipotle mayo in the pictures represents two full batches of the recipe or 1.5 cups.
- If you don't have a problem with FODMAPs, you can add 3 cloves of minced garlic in lieu of the garlic-infused olive oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Condiment & Seasoning Mix
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: low fodmap chipotle mayo, low FODMAP chipotle aioli, low FODMAP chipotle mayonnaise, low FODMAP dips, low FODMAP condiments, low FODMAP spreads, low FODMAP whole30, paleo low FODMAP, paleo chipotle mayo, whole30 chipotle mayo, dairy-free chipotle mayo, low fodmap mexican recipes, low fodmap cinco de mayo recipes